We've All Got 'Em!
No worries, m'dear — I've curated a list of common questions I get about myself, my services, my experience and more.
+ How do I know if the Two Weeks to Launch Experience is right for me?
The Two Weeks to Launch Experience is right for you if:
- You've worked your butt off to build a profitable business, and now you're ready to invest in design that properly reflects the quality of your brand.
- You're overwhelmed by the idea of tackling all of this on your own, sick of cursing the Squarespace gods because you just can't quite figure things out, and the idea of handing your website over to a designer makes you want to do a happy dance!
- You want to hire a designer, but you've heard horror stories about drawn-out timelines and you really don't have time for that. You're willing (and eager!) to spend a couple of weeks focused on finally giving your brand the much-needed facelift it deserves. You want to knock your relaunch out of the park, but you aren't really sure where to start!
- You're dreaming of a simple, streamlined brand or site-building process that isn't bogged down with TONS of files and edits whizzing back-and-forth via email.
- You're afraid that you won't know how to edit your website after its redesign, and you secretly wish your designer could show you the ins & outs so that you won't have to depend on her for every little edit going forward.
+ How do I know if Squarespace is the right platform for my business?
Squarespace is a great fit for you if:
- You want a sleek, modern design that knocks the socks off your ideal client and transitions seamlessly between desktop and mobile.
- You need a reliable platform that doesn't require updates, rarely experiences web hosting issues, and offers excellent customer support when you need it.
- You need a no-nonsense, easy-to-use e-commerce structure for your online shop that can be customized for an even better customer experience. Bonus points if there's an option to eliminate transaction fees! (Psst: There is.)
- You'd like to be able to easily navigate the back-end of your own website. Squarespace is incredibly user-friendly, and you'll be feeling pretty confident after our one-on-one training session at the end of your design period!
- You're looking for a simple, straightforward platform without the headache of added widget tools and their fees. Squarespace's annual fee costs between $150 - $300 depending on your plan, and it's all-inclusive (no add-on fees like you'll find with other hosting sites like Wordpress).
+ How far in advance can I book my project?
You can book with me up to six months in advance! I list immediately upcoming design periods on my site here, but if you'd like to book your project for later in the year, that's totally cool with me. It's also a great way to stagger your payments!
+ How far in advance can I book my project?
As a client of mine, you'll get exclusive acccess to a 20% discount on your first year of Squarespace (annual plan only; excludes existing Squarespace customers with an active plan). Squarespace costs between $18 - $30 per month depending on the payment plan you select.
+ What if I only need branding?
You're in luck — though availability is limited, I reserve a bit of space in my calendar for projects like these! Contact me here to inquire about a branding-only project. (Psst — my branding projects are completed on a one-week timeline.)
+ What if I only need a website design?
Awesome! The Two Weeks to Launch Website Package will be perfect for you. Contact me here to chat about your needs!
+ What are your payment requirements?
A 50% non-refundable retainer will be due at the time of booking, and the remaining balance will be due on the last day of your design period, before your launch. You'll also need to be prepared to purchase your domain ($20-$50) and your annual or monthly Squarespace hosting plan ($175-$395 annually; $18-$40 monthly).
+ I want so badly to make this work, but I'm not sure I can afford to invest that much right now!
I hear you! But... can you really afford not to? Your brand's online presence is like an interview or a first date, and making a good impression is crucial. You could keep postponing this, but think of how many dreamy potential clients you'll keep missing out on if you don't give your brand's online presence the TLC it deserves!
+ Unlimited edits?? How does that even work?!
During week two of your design period, we'll make real-time edits together via my shared Google Docs process until your design feels perfect! For many clients, it takes only 1-2 rounds to finalize designs, but we'll do this as many times as we need to during week two, until 5pm on the last day of your design period! At that point, your design period closes and final payment will be due.
+ I'm sort of overwhelmed by the thought of writing site copy and sourcing images. Can you help with that?
You bet! Once you've booked with me, you'll get access to exclusive tools that will guide you through writing your site copy, sourcing images and planning your launch (or re-launch!). I'm also happy to help you choose images for your site. Even better? All of my website packages include copyediting services, and the All-Inclusive Design Experience includes targeted copywriting for each page. I've got your back, and together we'll make sure your site has winning copy!
+ How much time will I need to set aside for this process?
Most of the hard work is on me! But my clients typically spend between 4-10 total hours on their projects, depending on the package they've selected and the legwork they've already done. Clients who have already written their site copy and collected their images typically spend 4 hours or less working on their project with me. If you've chosen a larger package and/or haven't written your site copy or selected your images yet, it might take 7-10 hours of your time.